Fall is officially here and we’re ready to celebrate! The Outsiders in partnership with our friends at Clif Bar are bringing you another FREE #perfectsunday bike ride with 100 of your newest friends. Join us for an epic day of biking, sightseeing and brewery hangs as we cruise the East River waterfront from Brooklyn through Queen to the Bronx for a brewery tour and tasting at the famous Bronx Brewery.
Our 10 mile, slow-roll bike ride through Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx highlights scenic vistas of Manhattan and secret off the beaten path sites in Queens most folks don’t even know about. We’ll be stopping along the way for a Clif Bar sponsored break at a unique public art space and outdoor museum complete with endless supplies of goodies to sample. We’ll trek over the TriBoro Bridge and end up in the Port Morris neighborhood of the Bronx for hangs at the Bronx Brewery. This trip is a one-way ride with
Space is limited, you MUST rsvp by registering for your free ticket via the ticket link below. RSVPing via Facebook does not reserve your spot! Bike rentals WILL BE available at the Get Up and Ride shop but advanced booking is required.
CLICK HERE IF YOU NEED TO RENT A BIKE FROM US.
ABOUT THE OUTSIDERS
The Outsiders is a local community whose mission is to connect locals with their neighbors and New York City through outdoor events and activities. We believe that the best way to meet cool locals and make new connections is through shared experiences. Join our club and tell your friends to the group, we can’t wait to meet you!
The ride departs from the Get Up and Ride, the address is 330 S. 3rd Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Guests need to check-in by 10:15AM to be confirmed for the ride. The ride leaves promptly at 11AM, this is a one-way ride so guests can leave whenever they want.
WHAT TO BRING
– Water. Bring it! You’ll want to hydrate along the way.
– Headphones OR bluetooth speakers. We want ya’ll to rock out to some tunes on the ride! Clif Bar is providing some bluetooth speakers which we’ll use to play the music. If you have your own, definitely bring it OR bring a pair of headphones. Just be sure to wear headphones in one ear, it’s illegal to wear them both while riding.
– Your smart phone (duh). You should have Google Maps downloaded on your phone to use it in a case you get lost along the way. We’ll provide guides to lead the ride but you should know where we’re going just in case you have a bike issue or need to stop for some reason. We’ll also give everyone a bike map so they know where the closest bike shop is anywhere in NYC. Here is the link to the route:
– cash $$ We’ll be making a stop along the way in Socrates Park in Queens for a snack compliments of Clif Bar and will finish up at the Bronx Brewery where a food truck will be on-hand with tasty treats. You’ll want to have cash on you to buy lunch and drinks when we get there
WHILE WE RIDE
– TAKE PICS and share them on Instagram and Facebook! We’ll be using the hashtag #nyoutsiders #feedyouradventure #perfectsunday throughout the ride and want to see smiling faces! Also tag all of the organizers @getupandride @socialighttv @bridgerunners @mission_north and @clifbar
– ***IF YOU’RE RENTING A BIKE FROM US** Please arrive at 10:15AM to be assigned you bike and gear. Our shop is open from 8AM – 8PM so you’ll have plenty of time to drop if off whenever you decide to discontinue the ride. We’ll be offering a special $35, full-day rental price for all participants.
-Registration will close at **10:50AM on the dot, no exceptions.